Amazingly Fluffy Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups flour, shifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Grease and heat waffle iron as directed by manufacturer.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Individually add milk, beaten egg yolks, and butter.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold into mixture.
- When waffle iron is heated, pour some mixture into center and spread to within 1 inch of edge.
- Bake as directed. .
- When cooked, loosen from waffle iron and serve immediately
These items are clever.