Peppery arugula is mellowed with walnuts and highlighted in this bright, hearty pesto.
- * 3 cup arugula, packed (about 4 ounce)
- * 1 cup walnut (about 4 ounce)
- * 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (substitute grated parmesan to un veganize)
- * 3 garlic clove
- * 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- * salt and pepper to taste
- * 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a blender or the bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients except olive oil.
- Pulse in 15-second bursts until all ingredients are very finely chopped and no large chunks remain.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and blend until mixture forms a smooth paste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. To use for pasta, reserve about ¾ cup of pasta water and stir into pesto to thin out. Toss with pasta and serve.
This is another helpful item!