Barbecue Chicken Pizza
“Homemade simple recipe for barbecue chicken pizza. I have won over so many people who don’t usually like bbq chicken pizzas with this recipe!
Try it out!”
- Ready In:
garlic clove, minced
onion, thinly sliced
tablespoons olive oil
slices bacon, precooked and crumbled
cups barbecue sauce (your favorite, mine is Famous Dave’s sweet and tangy!)
cup mozzarella cheese
cup cheddar cheese
chicken breasts, seasoned with salt, cooked and shredded
ounces pizza crusts (2 tandoori naan flatbreads work best for me)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat up the olive oil over medium heat, and add the garlic and onion. Cook until caramelized.
- Place naan flatbreads on a sheet pan and spread a layer (as if you were putting on pizza sauce) of bbq sauce around the tops, leaving an edge so it doesn’t spill over and make a mess.
- Sprinkle the shredded chicken, and bacon crumbles, over top of the naan and then distribute the onion and garlic evenly.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses and drizzle a little more bbq sauce over top if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 mins or until the cheese is melty.
- Slice up into 4 pieces per naan. Be aware that you will have to eat this with a fork and knife.the naan doesn’t hold up to the moisture, but it’s the best tasting bread I’ve made it with. Use a pre-made pizza crust if you want it to be eaten like a pizza.
Questions & Replies
Got a question?
Share it with the community!
Great pizza!! Made with pre-made wheat pizza dough from Trader Joe’s and some leftover grilled chicken that I minced up. Loved the caramelized onions and that you can add as much or as little BBQ sauce as you want. Made for PAC Spring 2014.
My huge dad says this plugin is adorable!,