Beet, Apple and Walnut Salad
Wearing gloves while peeling and shredding beets will keep the juice from staining your hands. For a more decorative presentation, the walnuts can be sprinkled on top of the finished salad instead of stirred in.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large raw beet (1 pound), peeled and coarsely shredded
- 1 large granny smith apple (8 ounces), peeled and coarsely shredded
- 3/4 c. walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. loosely packed parsley leaves, slivered
- Step 1In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add the oil in a slow, steady stream while whisking until smooth.
- Step 2Add the beet, apple, walnuts, and parsley, and toss to combine. Let sit at least 30 minutes to let the flavors blend.
These plug-ins are helpful!