Black Bean Mango Stir Fry with Cilantro Lime Coconut Sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cups snow pea pods
- 1 cup thinly sliced or julienned carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced or julienned cucumber
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 cups corn (I highly recommend fresh)
- 2 cups canned black beans, drained
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 cups imitation crab meat/shrimp (we used both)
- 2 packages (8 ounce) rice noodles
- Sriracha Sauce/Red Pepper Flakes if desired
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cups light coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 lime, juiced
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- To make the sauce, blend the coconut milk, cilantro, lime juice, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and agave nectar in a blender until smooth; set aside.
- Prepare rice noodles according to instructions (they often vary).
- In a large, deep skillet or wok over medium-high, heat oil until shimmering.
- Add crab/shrimp oil and saut until cooked through and lightly browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add veggies and mango and saut until veggies are lightly tender, about 4 to 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in the stir fry sauce and noodles. Cook for another minute or until the noodles are hot.
- Sprinkle with additional sriraccha, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes as desired.
- Makes 8 servings.
I adore WordPress plugins, because they are interesting.