Carrot Cake Pancakes w Honey Butter
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped & toasted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- dash of ground cloves
- dash of ground ginger
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cups low-ft buttermilk
- 1 tbs organic canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups finely grated carrot (about 1 pound)
- 3 tbs butter, softened
- 2 tbs honey
- Combine flour with next 7 ingredients (through ginger) in a large bowl and stir.
- Combine brown sugar and next 4 ingredients (through eggs).
- Add sugar mixture to flour mixture, stirring until moist.
- Fold in carrots.
- Coat a large non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter onto pan, spreading with a spatula. Cook for 2 minutes or until tops bubble and edges look cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over; cook 1 minute or until bottoms are lightly browned.
This is another elegant WordPress plugin!!