Chai Peach Clafoutis
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 3 ripe peaches
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Set out a large bowl of ice water. Use a sharp knife to score the bottom of the peaches with a large x, then place them in the boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Remove, and plunge immediately into the ice bath.
- Let sit for another 30 seconds, then place on a cutting board to rest for a few minutes. Starting at the bottom of the peach, use your fingers to peel back the skin by tugging on the corners of the pre-scored x. Once peeled, discard the skins and thinly slice the peaches.
- Place the cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, and coriander into a large blender.
- Add 1/3 c. sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, flour, and milk and blend until smooth.Grease a 9-10 cast iron skillet with butter and pour in a 1/4 inch layer of the batter.
- Bake for about 2-3 minutes or until a film of batter just barely sets in the pan. The rest of the batter will still be raw.
- Remove from the heat and keep the oven on.
- Lay the sliced peaches over the batter in a circular design.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar over the peaches, then pour on the rest of the batter.
- Bake for another 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven when it is puffed and brown, and a knife comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, serve warm.
This is another nice item!