Chickpea and Pumpkin Curry
- 20 bay leaves
- 1 chunky cut carrot
- 420g chickpeas drained
- 1 chili finely sliced
- 140ml coconut milk (powdered coconut milk is really useful and is what I used)
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 piece fresh ginger finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 1 kg pumpkin cut into small chunks
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 cups of water (750ml)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and cook the onions until browned.
- Add the curry paste (prepared with 1 tbsp oil, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 4 cm piece fresh ginger, 2 tbsp ground coriander, 4 cloves garlic, 1 chilli, and 1 tsp turmeric) and lightly fry for a minute or two.
- Add the pumpkin and carrot chunks and coat in the paste.Cover with the water, add bay leaves, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.Stir in the chickpeas and coconut milk.Cook for a further 10 minutes on a low heat or until the pumpkin in soft.Make sure to pull the bay leaves out.
This is one astonishing addon!!