Creamy Nacho Potato Soup
Thick, creamy, loaded with veggies and nacho cheese flavour — using only whole foods and regular pantry ingredients. —Ashley Fehr
stalks celery, diced
medium onion, diced
frozen or fresh corn
1 1/2 cups
shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot, add carrots, celery, onion and potatoes to broth (I get my broth heating while I chop my veg). Add chili powder, cumin, garlic and salt.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to medium heat. Cook, simmering over medium heat until potatoes and carrots are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, prepare your roux. In a large bowl (make sure it’s big enough — you don’t want it to boil over), melt butter in the microwave. Whisk in flour first, then milk.
- Heat in the microwave at 1 minute intervals (no longer), whisking each time, until thickened.
- Add to the soup once vegetables are cooked. Stir in corn and cheddar cheese.
- Garnish with more corn and cheese if desired.
This is one interesting extension.