Dish with Diane: Chef Ben Lee’s Whole Wheat Tagliatelle with Cherry Tomatoes, Summer Squash, and Mixed Herbs
Dish With Diane: Chef Ben Lee’s Whole Wheat Tagliatelle With Cherry Tomatoes, Summer Squash, And Mixed Herbs
Dish with Diane — a series all about getting healthy and delicious foods right from world-class chefs themselves, brings you this special pasta. Homemade pasta is full of summer vegetables and mixed together with fresh herbs.
Click here for more Dish with Diane: Chef Inspired Healthy with Ben Lee. Or click here to watch the video.
- 500 gram whole wheat flour
- 200 gram all-purpose flour
- 330 gram whole eggs, about 6 large eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cup diced summer squash
- 1 clove of garlic, smashed
- pinch of chili flakes
- 4 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup mixed herbs (equal parts mint, thyme, parsley)
- 1 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shaved ricotta salata
- Mix all ingredients the Kitchen Aid mixer with a dough hook. Take out of bowl and knead for about 2 minutes longer on a flat surface. Place dough into a resealable plastic bag and let rest for at least 30 minutes. Cut about ½ pound of pasta dough and roll out with a pasta roller or rolling pin to the thickness of about a dime. Dust pasta with flour while rolling. Cut dough with a knife into the long strands of tagliatelle
- (If doing the pasta ahead of time, you can put into the freezer for up to 1 day).
- Bring a large pot to a boil, add salt.
- In a large sauté pan, off of heat, add a half a cup of olive oil, shallots, squash and garlic clove. Turn the stovetop on to medium heat and cook the ingredients. Add the chili flakes, tomatoes, and cook down, smashing the tomatoes as they get softer. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and stir. Note, the pasta will cook very quickly so pay close attention. Take about 8 ounces of the pasta water and add to the sauce mixture. Remove the pasta from the water and add to sauce pan. Drizzle remaining olive oil in the pan. Add parmesan cheese to taste. Finish by adding the mixed herbs and plate the pasta in the bowls. Garnish w/ shaved ricotta salata (optional).
This is another helpful ingredient!!