Double Dark Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c. natural unsweetened 100% cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups zucchini, grated (varies with size, it's about 2-3 zucchini for me)
- 1 c dark chocolate chips (could add 1/2 c more if you'd like)
- Preheat your oven to 350 deg F and spray an 8″x8″ pan with baking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, vanilla, sugar and applesauce.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry mix to the wet bowl and stir gently until combined, being careful to not over mix.
- Fold in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the pan and even out with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 min. or until toothpick comes out fairly clean (may still be sticky, just not raw).
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days in room temp. or up to 1 week in the refrigerator. They also freeze great, but I can't imagine they wouldn't be eaten up right away!
This is one unbelievable WordPress plugin!