Double Protein Egg Burgers recipe
Meat and eggs. Is there a better combination? No, that’s why we’ve well and truly merged the two together to make these double protein egg burgers.
Make these delicious double protein egg burgers in advance for an on-the-go lunchtime snack or serve with vegetables for a proper meal. They’re easy to prepare and practically foolproof. Plus, they taste delicious cold too.
You can also make them from whatever mince you prefer – turkey, lamb, pork, beef – it all works just as well. Don’t forget to buy grass fed animals where possible for optimal quality. Add turmeric, cumin and other spices too for a totally different taste.
- 250g minced meat (we used pork)
- 3 eggs*
- Pinch of mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 170’C.
- In a bowl add the herbs to the minced meat. Squish all the mince so that it merges together like paste.
- Divide the mince in half and make into a patty. If you have a round cutter, place it in the middle and remove the inner circle. If you don’t have a cutter, a small cup works just as well.
- Add the cut out mince back to the bowl and repeat.
- For the last pattie, add the meat from the middle to the edges.
- Place each hollowed out burger onto a foil-lined tray. Crack an egg into each.
- Put the tray into the oven and cook for 20 minutes until the eggs cook ‘white’ through.
- Eat immediately or keep as a snack for hungry times.
*We used British Lion eggs for top quality. For egg nutrition, take a look here.
These addons are helpful!!