Easy Pork Chops on Stuffing
Easy Pork Chops on Stuffing is a simple and delicious dish that brings together the juicy flavors of pork chops with savory stuffing. It’s an excellent option for a quick and satisfying meal. To make this dish, you’ll need pork chops and your favorite stuffing mix.
The pork chops are usually bone-in and can be seasoned with salt, pepper, and any other desired herbs or spices. The stuffing is typically prepared according to the package instructions and can include ingredients like bread or cornbread crumbs, onions, celery, and herbs.
The pork chops are seared on both sides in a hot skillet until they develop a golden brown color. Then, they are placed on top of a layer of prepared stuffing in a baking dish. The dish is then baked in the oven until the pork chops are fully cooked and the stuffing is hot and slightly crispy around the edges.
Ingredients For the Pork Chops:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 ribs celery finely diced
- 1 cup chicken broth (more or less)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 medium onion finely diced
- 6 pork chops
- 8 slices stale white bread
- Early in the day (or the night before) cut the bread into inch cubes and leave out to air dry.
- Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat in a saute pan and saute the celery till almost tender.
- Add the onions and continue to cook over medium heat until translucent.
- Remove from the heat and add half of the chicken broth to the mixture.
- Add the chopped parsley to the bread cubes and toss to distribute evenly.
- Pour the celery/onion mixture over all and gently toss, adding additional broth to moisten the bread. Use caution to not break up the bread cubes. The cubes should be almost moistened through, but not soaking wet. Butter a shallow baking dish with half of the remaining butter and place the stuffing in the middle. Dot the top of the stuffing with any remaining butter. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 350-degree oven. In the meantime, pat the chops dry with a paper towel and season on both sides with salt and pepper. With a sharp knife, cut 2-3 slices through the fat edge on each chop to prevent curling while the chops are cooking. Preheat a non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat and quickly sear on each side until lightly browned. The chops will still be nearly raw in the center.
- Remove the foil from the precooked stuffing and place the chops in a single layer over the stuffing. Return to the oven and roast for approx 15-25 minutes, uncovered (depending on the thickness of your chops). The chops should be cooked until they are no longer dark pink inside, but still moist and juicy, but not overcooked.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
The result is a delightful combination of tender pork chops with the comforting flavors and textures of the stuffing. It’s a hearty and satisfying meal that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with your favorite side dishes such as roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes.
Easy Pork Chops on Stuffing is a family-friendly recipe that can be prepared with minimal effort, making it perfect for busy weeknights or when you’re craving a comforting meal without much fuss.
Remember, cooking times and methods may vary depending on personal preferences and equipment, so it’s always a good idea to follow a trusted recipe or cooking instructions when preparing this dish.
Enjoy your Easy Pork Chops on Stuffing Meal!