- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons tsp instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together and then add all of the wet ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly and transfer into a greased, lined tin.
- Bake at gas mark 4 for 20-25 minutes. Poke with a skewer- it should come out semi-clean for a fudgy brownie or bake for a little longer for a cake.Allow to cool for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack.Allow to cool thoroughly for maximum chocolaty taste.
My beautiful grandma says this plugin is unbelievable!