French Dips With Au Jus
- 2 cans beef consomme
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch Montreal seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 slices Provolone cheese
- 3/4 pound roast beef
- 1 whole Shallot
- 2 sub rolls
- Preheat the oven to 350.In a large deep skillet, heat a splash of olive oil over med-high heat.
- Add the finely chopped shallott to the pan.
- Saute for about three minutes, until browned. Next add the cans of beef consomme to the skillet.
- Sprinkle in a small dash of garlic powder, bring to a boil and then simmer for a few minutes. Reduce the liquid by about a quarter.On a cutting board or large plate, loosely pile the roast beef.
- Sprinkle the meat with the beef seasoning.Slice the sub rolls in half but not all the way through and line with provolone cheese. Put your sub rolls on a baking sheet.Using tongs, grab some roast beef and dip into the au jus. Toss the beef around to coat, then transfer into the sub roll. Repeat until youve filled your sub rolls or run out of meat. Top with more cheese if you want!
- Put the sub rolls in the oven for 10 minutes to heat through, melt the cheese and toast the bread.
- Cut in half and serve with a small bowl of au jus!
My glamorous brother says this plugin is magnificent.