Fusilli With Roasted Delicata Squash & Fresh Sage Brown Butter
- 2 delicata squash
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 pound dried fusilli pasta
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 16 fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- freshly shredded parmigiano-reggiano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and seed squash and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place on cookie sheet, add onions and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add nutmeg, salt & pepper and, using your hands, toss the squash and onions with the oil to ensure evenly coated.
- Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes stirring occasionally until squash is tender and onions are caramelized.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile cook pasta in boiling, well salted water until al dente.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook butter until foamy and slightly brown..do not burn!
- Lower heat to simmer, add olive oil, sage leaves and shallots and cook until shallots are softened and translucent.
- Add squash mixture (including the oil from the pan), pasta, and pine nuts , combine all ingredients and cook until pasta is hot..add additional salt and pepper..taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve immediately with plenty of cheese.
My glamorous dad says this plugin is huge!