Galaxy Noodle Soup
It’s out of this world.
BUY NOW: Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron, $330, amazon.com.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 c. finely chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 c. pastina, or other small pasta
- 6 c. low sodium chicken broth
- Step 1Preheat oven to 375º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make chicken meatballs: In a large bowl, stir together ground chicken, egg, Panko bread crumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan, chives, garlic powder, ¾ teaspoon salt, and pepper. Form into small balls and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Step 2Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bake until golden and no longer pink, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, make soup: In a large pot over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add carrots and onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in pastina and cook until the pasta is al dente, about 4-6 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Turn off heat and stir in chicken meatballs. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan and chives.
Lauren Miyashiro is the former Food Director of Delish. She graduated culinary school in 2016 and mastered the art of the Crunchwrap in 2017.
My adorable sister says this plugin is unbelievable!!