Ginger Cookies- gluten free, soy free, vegan
- 1 cup organic dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic molasses
- 3 tablespoons chunky organic applesauce
- 2 3/4 cups gluten free flour (I use Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Blend)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice blend
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat Oven Temperature to 350 degrees F
- Prepare 3 half sheet baking pans lined with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small shallow bowl add cane sugar for rolling.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine flour, spices, baking soda, set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or a bowl using a hand mixer, combine dark brown sugar, coconut oil, molasses, and applesauce. Set on low speed at first to avoid splatter then up to medium speed for 2 minutes, or until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture slowly, only a third of the mixture at a time to ensure proper blend of ingredients.
- Lay out a piece of wax paper or parchment paper, about 1 foot wide to put the rolled cookies before coating with sugar.
- Roll into 1 inch balls with light pressure, like a meatball.
- When all have been made into balls transfer to the bowl with sugar (as many as you can fit at a time) then lightly cover with sugar. Make sure to get all sides. Repeat until all cookie dough has been shaped.
- Place sugared cookie dough onto baking sheets.
- Press down gently just to dent the top a bit.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheets for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for a week, or frozen for a month in an airtight container.
This is one beautiful module.