Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 2 cups Blanched Almond Flour, Finely Ground
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Or Arrowroot Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Spectrum Non-Hydrogenated Shortening
- 1/2 cup Light Agave Nectar
- 1/2 cup Palm Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla (gluten Free)
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 1/2 cups Quick Cooking Oats, Gluten Free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, soak raisins in warm water and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the shortening and palm sugar until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, agave, and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture to the sugar/shortening mixture, and beat to thoroughly combine.
- In another separate bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca, xanthan gum, cinnamon, soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until well combined.
- Drain the plump raisins and fold into the batter.
- Using wet hands, roll the batter into large tablespoon-sized balls and place on a greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten with the palm of your hands.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Using a spatula, remove the cookies from the sheet immediately.
This is one astonishing ingredient!!