Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 48 Hershey's milk chocolate or dark chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, brown sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, applesauce and vanilla extract (mixture will look curdled).
- Combine the rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into i inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on non-greased baking sheets.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until slightly cracked.
- Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
I be mad for addons, because they are awesome!