Gluten Free Vegetarian Spring Rolls With Thai-Style Peanut Sauce
- 1 1/4 ounces dry rice vermicelli (thin rice noodles), or enoug
- 1 1/4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 scallions (white and green parts) sliced very thin
- 15 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 15 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce (Tamari)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon toasted (dark) sesame seed oil
- 15 inches (8-inch) round gluten free spring roll wrappers (made from t
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (I use Earth Balance Natural Creamy Peanut Butter)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce (Tamari)
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chili paste (use spicy or sweet chili paste depending on your taste pref
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in the rice noodles.
- Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until soft and opaque.
- Drain and rinse under cold water for 30 seconds; drain again.
- Cut into 1-inch lengths and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, except the rice papers and sauce, to the noodles and mix well.
- Prepare a bowl of warm water large enough to dip the rice papers. Working with one at a time, dip the rice paper in the warm water until it begins to soften, 8-10 seconds.
- Transfer to a flat work surface. Working quickly, put about 1/4 cup filling on each wrapper. Fold the bottom of the wrapper up over the filling, and then fold each side toward the center.
- Roll from the bottom to the top of each roll, as tightly as you can without ripping the wrapper. Wrap in plastic to keep from drying out. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
This is another awesome addon!!