Bacon Meatballs with Mango Honey Mustard Sauce. I’ve talked about my roommate Laura before. That’s because she’s awesome. She started CrossFit at an actual CrossFit gym just back in August and she has been killing it!! More than anything in this world, I am so lucky to have the opportunity to coach her daily while she gets her first strict pull-ups, strengthens her deadlift inexplicable, and shows those toes to the bar whose boss. CrossFit has made her strong physically and strong mentally. It’s fantastic to watch. I’ve seen her confidence soar through the roof because of it and I’ve never been so proud to call someone my best friend. You rock Laura. CrossFit is awesome.
So the storm of the century is supposed to be coming. Well, it was supposed to come last night. I’m not sure what the hell the weatherman is talking about because it’s not that bad out. That’s what sucks about Colorado. Don’t.Ever.Guess.The.Weather. Because you’ll most likely be wrong. To be the weatherman in Colorado is like being a leper. You are slightly hated by all because you can’t seem to get anything right. I don’t know. Maybe it’ll snow all day and officially become the storm of the century. I sure hope so. People were making lines out of the grocery stores making sure to stock up on god knows what. I’m good here. I got sweet potatoes, bacon, beef, coconut, almond flour, and coffee. I’m thinking a sweet potato hash and some waffles will do the job of creating a happy home for Laura, Steph, and me. My lord I love my waffle maker.
Superbowl Snacks: Bacon Meatballs
I don’t have any nut butter in the house though!!!! I.HATE.TODAY. Ok, that was excessive. I love today. Nuts or not.
Guess what I have coming next week?!?! BLACK PALEOMG TANK TOPS. omg. So excited. Thank you so so so much to whoever has bought a shirt through Renegade-Fitness. There are still white tank tops and black shirts available right now for purchase, even if they are out of your side, you can still make a purchase and the size will ship next week when we get our new shipment in!! YAY! Now with the black tank tops, you can burpee it up, flop in the mud, or sweat excessively through the shirts….and no one will know that you’ve only washed it once. I love black tank tops.
Oh, and don’t forget to come back later tonight for 1 last Superbowl recipe! Oh, and I lied. It’s snowing. Like A LOT.
Superbowl Snacks: Bacon Meatballs with Mango Honey Mustard Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
For the balls:
- 1.5lbs ground beef (or any other ground meat you see fit)
- 6 slices of bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the dipping sauce:
- 1 mango, peeled and cut away from seed inside
- 2–3 tablespoons ground old-fashioned mustard (in the jar)
- 1–2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- dash of chili powder
- salt, to taste
For the balls:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Put a large skillet over medium heat and add your diced bacon to it.
- Once bacon has rendered some fat in the pan, add your onions. Mix and poke at it randomly to make sure the bacon and onions don’t burn. Once the bacon is cooked through, add the bacon and onions to a plate with a paper towel on it to cool and soak up some excess fat.
- Now add your ground beef to a large bowl, then add your cooled bacon and onions, along with egg, almond flour, and seasonings.
- Use your hands to mix all that goodness up thoroughly.
- Now roll into little bite-size balls and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for around 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the meatballs.
For the dipping sauce:
- While your meatballs are baking, time to make your sauce.
- Add your peeled and sliced mango to a food processor and puree until you have a sauce.
- Now add your ground mustard, yellow mustard, and honey to it and puree it all together.
- Taste to see if you want it sweeter or more tangy and add extra honey or mustard as needed.
- Add spices and salt and puree one more time.
- Place some toothpicks in your meatballs and let guests dip away!
I’m a food hoarder. And a really bad dancer. If you don’t know me well, you will probably not understand my humor. Therefore, I apologize ahead of time. Thanks for listening to the ramblings of my ever-changing life and trusting my kitchen mishaps. Your trust in me is appreciated.