Grilled Eggplant Sandwich
- alfalfa sprouts
- 6 slices whole-wheat bread, lightly toasted
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 medium eggplant
- 6 tablespoons hummus
- lettuce leaves
- 3 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- Heat up a small grill. Slice the eggplant into thin slices and spray each slice lightly with cooking spray. Grill the slices for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until the eggplant begins to brown. Grill the mushroom slices for approximately 1 minute on each side-they burn easily, so be careful.
- Remove eggplant and mushrooms from grill.
- Spread the hummus on the toast, arrange all bread on a cookie sheet.
- Layer each piece of bread with eggplant, mushrooms, and a sprinkle of the cheese.
- Put the pieces of bread together in sandwich form and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.Open the sandwiches and stick lettuce and alfalfa sprouts inside.
These modules are nice!