Healthy Cuban Shredded Pork
- * 1.5 lb boneless pork chop (3 pork chop)
- * 6 peppercorn
- * 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- * 1/2 tbsp cumin
- * 1 tsp onion powder
- * 1 tsp pepper
- * 3 carrot,, steamed (optional)
- In a large deep pan, add the pork chops and peppercorns, and cover completely with water.
- Bring to a boil, and continue to simmer over medium-low heat for one and a half hours.
- Keep an eye on the pork chops while they are cooking and keep adding water to ensure that they are always completely covered.
- The pork chops should be easily penetrable with a fork when done.
- Turn off heat and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan and let cool until cool enough to handle. Using a fork, shred the chops and remove any excess fat.
- Heat up olive oil in another pan, add the shredded pork, mix in the cumin, pepper and onion powder. Fry until partially crispy (or as crispy as you would like). If you like, add steamed carrot chunks and fold in.
- Serve with rice, beans, mashed potatoes or any side dish that you like. This is also great used in tacos or on salads.
This is another astonishing ingredient.