- 3 cups flour – sifted
- 1 cup whole walnuts – ground fine in food processor
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1.4 oz. package cherry gelatin
- In a large bowl combine the butter and sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue to mix on low.
- Combine the baking powder with the flour and add slowly, while the mixer is on low, to the butter mixture.
- Add the finely chopped walnuts and the package of cherry gelatin to the batter.
- Form the dough into a disc and roll out to a quarter inch thickness. Using cookie cutters form into your favorite holiday shapes.
- Place cookies on parchment paper and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly golden on edges.
My sister says this plugin is beautiful!!