- 3/4 cup almond pieces
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 cups uncooked old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- First melt the butter in a 3 – quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the honey and salt and briefly heat with the butter. In a separate bowl mix together the oatmeal, wheat germ, nuts, brown sugar and cinnamon sugar (if using raisins and cranberries add them as well). Turn off the heat and add the oatmeal mixture. Stir until everything is coated.
- Pour the mixture onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Spread the mixture out evenly and bake it at 375 for 10 minutes (watch carefully) It will be a golden brown color.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
This is one clever plug-in!