Coriander & Lemon Crusted Salmon with Asparagus Salad & poached Egg
Learn how to make a delicious Coriander And Lemon lemon-crusted salmon Salad. Follow our guide and you will have a great meal in a few minutes.
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat the broiler to high. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toast coriander in a small skillet over medium heat, shaking the pan frequently, until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Pulse the coriander, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and crushed red pepper in a spice grinder until finely ground. Coat the salmon flesh with the spice mixture (about 1 1/2 teaspoons per portion) and place the salmon on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cut off asparagus tips and very thinly slice stalks on the diagonal. Toss the tips and slices with oil, lemon juice, mint, tarragon, pepper, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let’s stand while you cook the salmon and eggs.
- Bring water and vinegar to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Meanwhile, broil the salmon until just cooked through, 3 to 6 minutes, depending on thickness (see Tips). Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Reduce the boiling water to a bare simmer. Gently stir in a circle so the water is swirling around the pot. Crack eggs, one at a time, into the water. Cook until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny 3 to 4 minutes.
- To serve, divide the asparagus salad and salmon among 4 plates. Make a nest in each salad and top with a poached egg.
All wild salmon–and now some farmed–is considered a sustainable choice. For farmed, ask for fish that’s raised in land- or tank-based systems. For more information about sustainable seafood, go to seafoodwatch.org.
Salmon is easy to prepare and make gorgeous once you know how to cook it properly. The fillets cook fast and continue to cook when off the heat. For the best texture, cook for about 3 minutes per 1/2 inch of thickness. Check the doneness with an instant-read thermometer (it should be about 130°F) or peek into the thickest part of the flesh with a fork–it should be just opaque.