Easy Vegan Pasta
Fast And Easy Vegan Pasta. Creamy, cheesy-ness pasta, free from dairy with a secret (healthy) ingredient that gives it a healthy protein boost. With just 4-ingredient and a few handfuls of spinach this is a fast and delicious, kid-approved, weeknight dinner.
- 28 ounces marinara sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup hummus, homemade or store-bought
- 3 cups spinach, packed
- 1 box gluten-free pasta (approx 340 grams)
- Nutritional yeast for topping (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, adding a generous pinch of salt to the water.
- Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer’s instructions, most take 7-8 minutes. Taste frequently to make sure they don’t overcook and become mushy. You’ll want them to retain some bite to them as they will cook further in the sauce.
- If making your hummus, throw the ingredients together in the blender/food processor and give it a whiz while the pasta is cooking.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta into a large colander reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Rinse the pasta with cold water to stop it from cooking while you heat the sauce.
- In the same pot, over medium heat, stir the marinara sauce and hummus until just beginning to simmer.
- Add the pasta back to the pot along with the spinach and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. If the mixture seems too thick, add a splash of the pasta water to loosen it up.
- Serve hot with vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast.