Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup
Indulge in the rich and comforting flavors of Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup. This hearty blend combines the earthy sweetness of roasted sweet potatoes with the wholesome goodness of quinoa, creating a satisfying and nutritious bowl. Packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, this soup offers a perfect balance of taste and nourishment. The roasted notes add depth to the dish, making it a delightful choice for a wholesome meal that satisfies both the palate and the body.
- 1 very large sweet potato
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 900 ml. chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Parsley for garnish
Instructions for Potato and Quinoa Soup:
- Preheat oven to 400F. Peel and large dice sweet potato.
- Place sweet potato on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and sea salt. Roast in the oven for 20 min. In a large pot saute onion and carrot until tender.
- Add potato to the onion mixture and add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20-30 min. until all vegetables are completely tender. With a hand blender or standup blender mix until pureed. Adjust seasoning.
- Add quinoa and reheat.
- For the panko topping, melt the butter in a small fry pan add the panko and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the parmesan and stir to combine.
- Top each bowl of soup with the panko crumbs and garnish with the parsley.
To serve Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup, follow these steps:
Garnish: Sprinkle the soup with fresh herbs such as chopped cilantro, parsley, or chives. This not only adds a burst of color but also enhances the overall flavor.
Creamy Touch: Drizzle a swirl of Greek yogurt, sour cream, or coconut cream on top. This adds a creamy element and complements the robust flavors of the soup.
Texture: For added texture, consider topping the soup with crispy croutons, toasted pumpkin seeds, or chopped nuts like almonds or walnuts. This brings a delightful crunch to each spoonful.
Citrus Zest: Finish the soup with a sprinkle of citrus zest, such as lemon or orange. The citrusy notes can brighten up the dish and provide a refreshing contrast.
Bread or Rolls: Serve the soup with a side of crusty bread or warm dinner rolls. The combination of the hearty soup and the bread makes for a complete and satisfying meal.
Cheese: If you enjoy cheese, consider grating a bit of Parmesan, feta, or goat cheese over the soup. The cheese will melt into the hot soup, adding a rich and savory element.
Drizzle of Olive Oil: A drizzle of high-quality extra virgin olive oil just before serving can add a luxurious touch to the soup.
Freshly Ground Pepper: Finish with a crack of freshly ground black pepper to enhance the flavors.
Serve the Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup hot, and enjoy the delightful combination of flavors and textures for a wholesome and satisfying meal.