Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
Instant Pot Baby Baby Ribs are fall off the bone tender. Even better, pressure cooked baby back ribs are quick, easy and as saucy as you want them to be.
I love ribs. I’m not sure if that’s a Southern thing or not, I just know that I’ll tear up a half rack of ribs. Sauce all over your face, pass the napkins kind of tear up. No shame in my rib game.
Sadly, I never made ribs as often as I would have liked because well, smoking baby back ribs low and slow on the grill takes a hot minute. Good news y’all. You can get the same fall of the bone tender ribs in your pressure cooker.
I use my Instant Pot to make everything from CHICKEN STOCK to making perfect every time HARD BOILED EGGS to decadent desserts like TURTLE CHEESE CAKE . The Instant Pot is incredibly versatile to say the least.
How Do You Prepare Baby Back Ribs ?
Start by making sure the membrane (the shiny white film on the back of the ribs) has been removed. Depending on where you purchase your ribs, some will have this already removed but if not, it’s easy to remove yourself.
Take a pair of kitchen scissors or a sharp pairing knife, cut the membrane at the top and pull it off. Discard.
How do you make and apply a dry rub:
Combine the spices in a bowl and mix together with a fork or small whisk to combine. OR I find it very convenient to place the spices in a small glass jar (like the ones pictured) and shake to combine. Read, one less utensil to clean. To apply, simply rub the spice mixture onto both sides of the ribs. Really get in there and make sure that the ribs are completely coated. We’re building flavor here.
How do you put the ribs into the Instant Pot?
Once you have placed the dry rub on the ribs, it’s time to place the ribs into the Instant Pot.
Make sure the trivet that came with your Instant Pot is in the bottom of the Instant Pot bowl. It will help keep the ribs upright. With the bone side facing INWARD, arrange the rack of ribs upwards (so they’re standing) around the trivet. It will look like a semi circle. Add the liquid, in this instance, a can of soda, secure the lid, set it and forget it.
Once the pressure is naturally releasing, pre-heat your oven. It’s time to get lost in the sauce. Sauce your rack of ribs with the bbq of your choice and bake for 10-15 minutes.
All that’s left to do is grab the napkins and decide how many you’re willing to share.
- 1 rack of baby back ribs
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can soda (cola or diet cola)
- 1/2 – 1 cup barbecue sauce of choice
- Trim membrane from baby of ribs.
- Mix together: salt, sugar, chili powder, chili flakes and garlic powder.
- Rub mixture on both sides of ribs.
- Place trivet into the bowl of Instant Pot.
- Place ribs with bones facing inward, around the outside of the trivet. Creating a semi circle.
- Pour soda into middle of Instant Pot bowl, careful not to pour on ribs.
- Secure lid and make sure vent it closed.
- Set Instant Pot to manual for 30 minutes. Allow Instant Pot to release naturally.
- Preheat oven to 425 during natural release.
- Carefully transfer ribs to a rimmed baking sheet lined with a silicon mat or aluminum foil (for easier clean up). Discard liquid remaining in Instant Pot.
- Using a silicon brush, cover ribs with desired amount of bbq sauce. Bake for 10-15 minutes OR until sauce has glazed ribs.
If your rack of ribs is on the meatier side increase manual time to 35 minutes.
PS Y’all … It really makes our day when you make our recipes. IF you do, please SHARE & TAG us on Instagram #HeyBellalimento
love and ribs,
I like modules, because they are clever!