Jalapeño Popper Pizza
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 fresh jalapeños, sliced and seeds and membranes removed OR about 16 pickled jalapeño slices
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 ball pizza dough, about 16 ounces
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 475º F.
- In a small bowl combine the fresh jalapeños with olive oil, skip this step if using pickled jalapeños.
- Sprinkle a clean work surface with cornmeal and roll out the dough into approximately a thin 10 inch round pizza.
- Transfer pizza dough onto a baking sheet, pizza pan or pizza wheel (if using a pizza stone).
- Spread the softened cream cheese onto the pizza dough, leaving about a 1 inch border.
- Top with shredded monterey jack cheese, jalapeños and bacon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted.
These addons are elegant!!,