Lemon Curd Coconut Bars
- 140 gr. (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 260 gr. (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 240 gr. (8,5 ounces) lemon curd in room temperature
- 100 gr. (3,6 ounces) oats
- Pinch salt
- 3 ounces Unsalted butter, (6 tablespoons)
- About 1 handful unsweetened flaked coconut for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180 C (355 F) degrees. Grease and line with parchment paper a baking pan 20×20 cm (8-inch square).
- Whisk together flour, oats, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted cool butter and egg, mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Spread and press the dough evenly into the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Mix well with a fork or mixer, lemon curd, beaten egg and melted butter. Stir in the sifted corn starch to dissolve.
- Add evaporated milk and lemon juice, stir well to incorporate.Finally add coconut and pour lemon curd over partially baked crust and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle 1 handful coconut over filling and place in the oven.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until topping has set and coconut is lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in wire rack. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
I be nuts about modules, because they are helpful!!