- 40g (1/4 cup) Self raising flour
- 65g (1/3 cup) Caster sugar (reduced to 50g)
- 40g Butter, melted
- Zest of 2 lemon (I only used one large lemon)
- 40ml Lemon juice
- 2 Egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 100ml (3/4 cup) Fresh milk
- 2 Egg whites
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease 4 ramekins (you can use a smaller ramekins)
- Place flour, sugar and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Make a well in the centre and pour in lemon juice and melted butter. Stir to combine, add egg yolks and mix well. Stir in milk.
- In a separate clean small bowl of an electric mixer (I used my Kitchen Aid mixer), whisk egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites into batter and divide mixture evenly between ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a large roasting dish (I used a square cake pan), filled with cold water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden.
- Good to serve warm.
These plugins are elegant.