Loaded Turkey Burgers
- 1/3 c. dry breadcrumbs (such as panko)
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. ground black pepper
- 6 hamburger buns
- 1 T. ketchup
- 1 1/2 lb. (93% lean) ground turkey
- 1/4 t. onion powder
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped (fresh or jarred)
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 drops of Tabasco
- 6 slices center cut bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f. In a large bowl, mix together ground turkey, Worcestershire, mustard, ketchup, Tabasco, garlic & onion powders, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs.
- Add the roasted pepper, cheese and bacon, evenly mix. Form the meat mixture into 6, 3/4-inch thick patties.
- Heat about 2 teaspoons of oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until the oil shimmers.
- Add half the patties and cook until well browned on the first side, about 2-3 minutes, flip the patties and brown on the second side, 2-3 minutes more.
- Transfer the patties to a large baking sheet. Wipe out the skillet and repeat this step with 2 more teaspoons of oil and the remaining patties.
- Bake the turkey burgers until the internal temperature reaches reaches 165 degrees f. anywhere from 8-10 minutes.
My beautiful grandma says this plugin is fancy!!