Roasted Tomato and Garlic Quiche
Today, we’re diving into the world of savory delights with a spotlight on our latest creation: Roasted Tomato and Garlic Quiche. Picture this – a golden, flaky crust embracing a luscious filling of oven-roasted tomatoes and garlic, all encased in a velvety custard. This delightful quiche is a harmonious symphony of flavors that marries the sweetness of roasted tomatoes with the rich, savory notes of garlic. Join us on this culinary adventure as we guide you through the steps to create a show-stopping quiche that’s not only visually appealing but also a taste sensation. Whether you’re a seasoned home chef or a kitchen novice, our easy-to-follow recipe promises to elevate your cooking experience. Let’s roll up our sleeves, preheat the oven, and embark on a journey to create a Roasted Tomato and Garlic Quiche that will undoubtedly become a star on your dining table. Get ready to savor the deliciousness!
- 1 10oz package of cherry tomatoes – cut tomatoes in half
- 6 cloves garlic – peel and cut cloves in half
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp Chipotle pepper (if not available may use the same amount of hot pepper flakes).
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (the kind near the canned biscuits in the grocery – not the pre-frozen kind)
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella Cheese (may use pre-shredded or fresh if necessary).
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup milk
- 4 large eggs – beaten
- ½ tsp each of salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a small bowl mix the tomatoes, garlic, dried basil, salt, black pepper, and chipotle pepper, toss well, and spread out onto a metal baking dish.
- Bake for 30 mins. The tomatoes will be shriveled and the garlic should be tender when done. There may be slight darkening on the garlic cloves – but they should not be burnt. If they are burnt there will be a bitter taste
- Remove tomatoes and garlic from the oven and allow to cool enough to touch. Set oven temp to 37
- Press the pie shell into a deep dish pie plate. Flute the edges of the pie crust
- Using a fork, poke holes into the bottom crust.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella into the bottom of the pie crust.
- Cover with the tomatoes/garlic mixture and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix the half and half, salt and pepper, and the beaten eggs.
- Pour this mixture over the ingredients in the pie shell.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until the center is no longer loose when the edges of the pie plate are gently shaken and the center no longer looks wet
- Allow the quiche to sit on the countertop for 10 minutes before cutting (this allows the quiche to rest and keeps the insides from being too runny)
How To Serve:
Once you’ve masterfully crafted your Roasted Tomato and Garlic Quiche, the next step is presenting it in a way that enhances the overall dining experience. Here are some delightful suggestions on how to serve this delectable dish:
- Garnish with Fresh Herbs: Sprinkle your quiche with freshly chopped herbs like parsley, chives, or basil just before serving. This not only adds a burst of color but also imparts a hint of freshness that complements the rich flavors.
- Accompany with a Side Salad: Serve slices of the quiche alongside a crisp, mixed green salad tossed in a light vinaigrette. The contrast of the warm quiche with the cool, crisp salad creates a well-balanced and satisfying meal.
- Drizzle with Balsamic Reduction: Elevate the presentation by drizzling a balsamic reduction over individual slices. The sweet and tangy notes of the reduction add a gourmet touch to each bite.
- Pair with a Tomato Coulis: Create a simple tomato coulis by blending ripe tomatoes with olive oil, garlic, and seasonings. Spoon a dollop of this vibrant sauce onto the plate before placing the quiche slice, adding both visual appeal and an extra layer of flavor.
- Serve with Roasted Vegetables: Roast a medley of vegetables such as zucchini, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes, and arrange them artfully on the plate alongside your quiche. This enhances the meal with additional textures and complementary flavors.
- Offer a Dollop of Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt: Provide a small bowl of sour cream or Greek yogurt on the side for guests to add a dollop atop their quiche slices. The creamy and tangy element enhances the overall taste.
- Consider a Drizzle of Pesto: For a burst of herbal flavors, consider drizzling a pesto sauce over the quiche. The basil and garlic notes will add a delightful kick to each bite.
Remember, the key is to create a visually appealing presentation that complements the flavors of the Roasted Tomato and Garlic Quiche. Whether you’re serving it as the star of a brunch or as a savory centerpiece for dinner, these serving suggestions will surely enhance the overall dining experience.