Mean Chef’s Grilled Swordfish With Barbecue Sauce
“This recipe was originally posted by Mean Chef, a great chef whose taste is impeccable! I’ve not yet tried this, so if you do, please review.”
- Ready In:
- 1hr 16mins
lbs swordfish fillets
cup lemon juice
teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
garlic clove, minced
cup onion, Chopped
teaspoon hot pepper sauce
small bay leaf
- Place fish in single layer in shallow baking dish.
- Combine 1/2 cup catsup, lemon juice, oil, Worcestershire and garlic.
- Pour sauce over fish.
- Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour, turning fish once.
- Remove fish, reserving sauce.
- Use half of reserved sauce for brushing fish while grilling.
- Combine remaining half of sauce with remaining catsup, onion, water, sugar, hot pepper sauce and bay leaf.
- Simmer about 20 minutes to blend flavors and thicken.
- Meanwhile, place fish on well-greased, hinged wire grills.
- (If barbecuing fish on standard grill, brush fish with oil before cooking.) Cook about 5 inches from moderately hot coals 8 minutes.
- Baste with reserved sauce.
- Turn and cook 7 to 8 minutes longer, or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Brush fish with more sauce as needed during cooking.
- To serve, spoon hot barbecue sauce over fish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question?
Share it with the community!
These constituents are beautiful!!