- 8 ounces whole-grain penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces chopped mixed mushrooms (such as portobello, cremini, button, etc.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (or more, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of well-salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium, heat the butter, allowing it to bubble and cook until it turns nutty brown, about 5 minutes. Keep a close eye on it, as butter burns easily. Add the mushrooms and garlic, then cook until the mushrooms are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the wine and stir and scrape the pan to deglaze, then simmer for 1 minute to cook off the alcohol.
- Whisk in the miso and chicken stock and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the nutritional yeast and mustard, if using, then stir until the sauce is uniform. Season with pepper, then taste and adjust with salt as needed. Remove the skillet from the heat and toss with the hot pasta.
These modules are unbelievable!!