Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt+ extra for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup bittersweet or dark chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli's 60%% cacao chips)
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat to combine.
- On low speed, gradually add the flour mixture until just combined.
- Using a large spatula or wooden spoon, stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Lightly sprinkle each cookie with salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
My mom says this plugin is astonishing!