Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Yellow American Cheese
- 4 slices of sourdough bread thickly sliced from a wide loaf.
- ½ pound of yellow American cheese
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 slices of slicing pepperoni (thinly sliced)
- 2 ounces of pizza sauce
- 4 ounces unsalted butter melted
- Start building your sandwiches by placing four slices of sourdough bread on the counter Cover each slice of bread with a total of 4 cheese slices on each slice of bread. ( 2 to cover the bread, and two deep)Place 8 slices of the pepperoni on top of the american cheese on each of the bottom slices of the sourdough.spread about 1 ounce of pizza sauce on top of the pepperoni on each sandwichPlace half the mozzarella on top of the pizza sauce on each sandwich.Top the two finished sandwiches halves, with the other piece of sourdough that you have cheese already on, with the cheese facing the pepperoni (You should have a total of 8 slices of cheese on each sandwich, 4 on the bottom and 4 on the top)Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat, then using a pastry brush, brush one side of each of the sandwiches liberally with the melted butterHeat your pan on the stove top until it is hot enough to toast the bread.Place the buttered side down on the pan.Turn heat down to medium, and cover the sandwich with a pot lid to keep the heat in and help the cheese to melt. After about 3-4 minutes check the bread on the pan to see how the color is. It should be toasted a dark golden brown.Brush butter on the side that is up, then turn it over to repeat the process of toasting the bread. (Use the pot lid again to help melt the cheese) After 3-4 minutes check that side, to see how the color is.If the cheese is not fully melted, turn the heat down to low and keep the lid covering the sandwich until the cheese has melted. Just be careful not to burn the bread.Place sandwich on plate, cut in half, serve and enjoy!
My fancy sister says this plugin is magnificent!!,