Pizza Buns Recipe
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 whole small green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can tomato soup (10 oz) or pizza sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 whole buns, sliced in half
- Fry bacon until it is crispy. Drain and set aside. Fry ground beef and onion until cooked through. Add green pepper and cook for 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Combine the bacon with the ground beef mixture and remaining ingredients.
- To serve, top bun halves with about 1/2 cup of the mixture. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F until hot and cheese is melted (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- * A can of mushrooms may be added to the mixture.
I be crazy about components, because they are awesome!!,