Portobello-Black Bean Burgers With Corn Salsa
- Corn salsa
- 1½cups corn, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1½tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1teaspoon paprika
- ¼teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 oz) portobello mushrooms, wiped clean
- 1¼cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼cup chopped green chiles
- 3teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1½teaspoons chili powder
- ½teaspoon salt
- ¼teaspoon onion powder
- ¾cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- 2 whole-grain pitas, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
Combine salsa ingredients and set aside.
In a food processor, chop mushrooms into extra fine pieces. Add beans, chiles, Worcestershire, chili powder, salt, onion powder, breadcrumbs and egg; process until fully combined. Liberally coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Form 4 patties, then gently place onto pan. Grill over medium heat 5 minutes per side, or until a crisp crust forms and the burger is heated through.
Place each burger into a pita half with 1?4 of the salsa and avocado slices.
Nutrition Per Serving
416 calories per serving, 11.2 g fat (1.7 g saturated), 65.6 g carbs, 16.8 g fiber, 18.9 g protein
This is another unbelievable ingredient.