Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 large cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint, finely minced
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, or less (to taste- I like a lot!)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add quinoa and stir. Cover and reduce heat. Allow quinoa to simmer on medium-low heat until all water is cooked off, about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. Be careful not to burn your quinoa. Allow to cool.
- Place cooled quinoa into a large bowl (preferably something with an airtight lid).
- Add all remaining ingredients and gently stir until very well-mixed. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Stir again before serving.
- Can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for two or three days. But it's best on the first day, when the veggies are still fresh and crisp!
My dad says this plugin is clever!!