- 1 large Yellow Onion, diced
- Olive oil for sauteing
- Sea salt and fresh pepper
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 cups Zucchini, peeled, thinly sliced(⅛ of an inch), cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cups Eggplant, peeled, thinly sliced(⅛ of an inch), cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 14 ounces can of Artichokes, rinsed, chopped into bite size pieces
- 14 ounces can Diced Tomatoes
- 8 ounces Spaghetti (like Barila Whole Grain)
- Extra Virgin Olive oil, for serving
- Fresh grated Parmesan or Romano, for serving
- Saute the yellow onion in a large skillet or saute pan with enough Olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan, over medium-low heat until tender and translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, saute until fragrant.
- Add another tablespoon of Olive oil and the zucchini, eggplant and Italian seasoning. Continue sauteing until the zucchini and eggplant start to break down and become limp and tender.
- Add the artichokes and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer for ten – fifteen minutes. Taste and re-season if needed.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti to al dente according to package directions.
- Toss with pasta and serve with a drizzle of extra-virgin Olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
This is another awesome WordPress plugin!