Seafood and Broccoli Pasta
Having been a seafood retailer in a previous life, I was always
testing, trying and developing recipes for my customers. This one is my son’s favorite and I always make it when he comes to town. Sometimes I substitute baby spinach leaves for the broccoli. —inpatskitchen
large, peeled and deveined shrimp, patted dry
sea scallops, patted dry
2 x 6.5 ounces
cans of chopped clams
cloves garlic, crushed
half and half
3 to 4 tablespoons
steamed broccoli florets ( or thawed frozen)
dried linguini, cooked according to package directions
grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Melt the butter in a 4 quart pot. Add the garlic and saute on medium heat for about 2 minutes
- Add the shrimp and scallops and cook in the garlic butter for about 5 minutes until almost opaque
- Add the clams ( including the juice), half and half, and clam juice and bring the mixture to a simmer
- Sprinkle in the instant flour and stir until thickened
- Add the thawed broccoli and cook until it’s heated through
- Serve over the cooked linguini , garnished with the parmesan if desired
I think I get my love for food and cooking from my mom, who was an amazing cook. She would start baking and freezing a month before Christmas in order to host our huge open house on Christmas afternoon. I watched and I learned…to this day I try not to procrastinate when it comes to entertaining.
My cooking style is pretty much all over the place, although I’m definitely partial to Greek and Italian cuisine. Oh yes, throw a little Cajun in there too!
This is another clever plugin.