Slow-Cooker Asian Barbecue Sausage Bites
A mix of Texas and Asia come together in this updated version of a favorite slow cooker appetizer. I created this recipe to be work with my Paleo pantry but have made notes in the ingredient list of comparable “standard” ingredients if you aren’t Paleo/Primal.
- 1-2 pounds Smoked Beef Sausage (regular or garlic works best — nitrate/nitrate free if you can find it)
- 11 ounce jar Apricot Preserves (I use an organic brand from HEB with minimal ingredients and sugars)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos (may substitute Soy Sauce or Tamari if preferred)
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sambal Oleck
- Slice the Smoked Beef Sausage and toss it into a 3 quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into the slow cooker and stir to coat the sausage.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours. Serve and enjoy!
I love modules, because they are astonishing.