Steamed Mussels With Beer and Tahini
Steamed Mussels With Beer And Tahini
The tahini in this recipe balances out the acidity of the beer and provides creaminess to the broth. Make sure to serve it with plenty of toasted bread to sop up the flavor.
- 2 pound mussels
- 1 12-ounce bottle pale ale or ipa
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup fish stock or clam juice
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
- Rinse the mussels well under cold water. Pull off any beards and discard any mussels that are broken or that do not close when tapped.
- In a large pot combine beer, tahini, fish stock, and garlic; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium, simmer for 2 minutes. Return the heat to high and add mussels. Stir. Cover pot and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until mussels open. Remove from heat and stir in parsley leaves. Ladle in bowls and serve with baguette.
These WordPress plugins are fancy!!