Vegan Arugula Pesto
A vegan herby sauce that’s perfect for pasta, pizza or dipping
- 1. 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2. 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3. 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 4. 2-3 cups packed arugula (more if you like your pesto with some bite!)
- 5. 1 lemon
- 6. 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 7. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the garlic cloves, pine nuts and lemon juice. Pile the arugula into the food processor, add the nutritional yeast and squeeze the lemon juice over it.
- Pulse a few times until the arugula is broken down and chopped small. Pulse about 6-10 times, until the nuts are in small pieces and garlic is minced.
- Now, with the machine running constantly, pour the olive oil in a thin stream through the feeding tube of the food processor. Let it process for about 1 minute total time, adjusting to add more or less olive oil for your desired consistency.
- Taste, adjust the salt and pepper or add a little more nutritional yeast if needed.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a month. Try it on bread, crackers, stirred into pasta or as a pizza sauce.
My unbelievable grandpa says this plugin is nice!