Vegan Pesto Spaghetti Squash
a heart-healthy, antioxidant-rich, vegan pesto spaghetti squash is a great side to any meal.
- * 1 medium spaghetti squash
- * for the pesto:
- * 1 cup packed kale
- * 1/2 cup packed basil leaf
- * 1/2 cup walnut
- * 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- * 1/2 cup olive oil
- * 2 clove garlic
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- Place spaghetti squash cut side down in a baking dish. Add ~1 inch of water. Poke ~6 slits through the skin of each squash half. Microwave for ~12-15 minutes or until tender.
- For the pesto, combine all the ingredients (kale through lemon) in a mini food processor. Blend together until pureed. Adjust seasoning as needed. If it's too thick for your liking, add a little more water or lemon juice. Top spaghetti squash with desired amount of pesto. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
This is one astonishing extension!