Vegan Zucchini Lasagna
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 block (16 oz) firm or extra firm tofu, drained
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1 large zucchini, peeled and slice lengthwise
- 1 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- vegan cheese (optional)
- vegan parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, then boil lasagna noodles for 10 minutes. Once done, drain and add cold water.
- In a food processor, blend the tofu, oil, salt, oregano, garlic and nutritional yeast until smooth and the consistency of ricotta.
- Peel and slice the zucchini lengthwise with a mandolin.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, add 1/2 cup of the sauce.
- Pat dry 3 lasagna noodles and add to the pan. Spread half the tofu mixture (you might have to use your hands), then layer with half the zucchini, overlapping slightly.
- Add 1/2 cup sauce then layer with 3 more noodles, the remaining tofu, and the remaining zucchini. Then top with another 1/2 cup sauce.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles, then pour the remaining sauce on top.
- Cover the pan loosely with foil, then bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes, top with cheese and sprinkle with parmesan if desired.
- Let rest for 5 minutes. Run a knife through to cut into 9 even pieces.
This is another glamorous plugin!!