White Bean, Tomato, and Kale Soup
A hearty vegetarian winter soup that comes together in seemingly no time. —Melissa Roels
celery ribs, chopped
small onion, chopped
garlic cloves, sliced
red pepper flakes
can cannellini beans, drained
up to 1 teaspoons
can cherry tomatoes (Mutti brand)
bunch kale torn into bite size pieces
red wine vinegar
- Saute carrots, celery, and onion in tbslp olive oil over medium heat until soft. Add garlic and saute for another minute. If mixture becomes dry add tblsp of vegetable stock.
- Add dried herb, salt, vegetable stock, beans and canned tomatoes with canning liquid. Bring to boil over high heat. Let boil for 1 min. Reduce heat to medium low, add kale and red wine vinegar. Simmer for 10-12 minutes*.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and if desired grated Parmesan.
- *create deeper flavor by simmering for 20-30 minutes. Add kale in last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
- For an Italian flavor swap herbs for oregano and fresh basil, serve over orecchiette pasta if desired.
These extensions are awesome.